Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ephemeral Thought #3

"Random Thought" is too generic.  My thoughts come and go, fleeting like shooting stars unless I write them down.

A friend of mine pointed this out to me...

If they ban 30 round magazines for the AR-15, why not just relabel them 'For 458 SOCOM Only"?  At the proposed 10 round limit, the 30 round .223 magazine is a 10 round .458 SOCOM magazine.  By design and intention.

Doesn't that hold to the letter of the law?  One of the unintended consequences of magazine capacity limits.  As limits fall, caliber increases.  If you are limited to less, you want each round to mean more.  

Unless you got caught loading something other than .458 SOCOM into the magazine, they still would be legal to sell provided they had the right label.  Bet those who want my AR-15 haven't thought of that.

Unfortunately, my shoulder has thought of it.  I don't think I could handle a .458.

D.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment